Here’s my next batch of performances and productions:
- Sunday June 10: Playing with the Palisades Symphony on the last concert of their season, featuring young concerto competition winners. Pali High, 7:30pm, free.
- Thursday June 14: Presenting Nic Gerpe at the Soundwaves concert series at the Santa Monica Public Library, 601 SM Blvd. This is a preview of his PianoSpheres show on the 19th. 7:30pm. Free.
- Saturday June 16: Playing with the Sonic Open Orchestra. Civic Center Studios, downtown LA. Compositions by Jóhann Jóhannsson, Julia Adolphe, John Adams, Jason Martin Castillo, and Jonny Greenwood. Yeah, the guy from Radiohead. There goes the little bit of cred I had. 7:30pm. $15.
- Saturday June 23: Playing with Cello Pudding at Coaxial Arts‘ Night of Strings. A special edition of this improvising unit with Maya MacGill (viola & voice) and Miller Wrenn (bass) joining 3/4 of the regular Pudding (Vetza, Michael Intriere, and myself). Details TBD, but probably 8pm and a modest admission charge.
- Thursday June 28: Presenting Elliott Levin, Bobby Bradford, Don Preston, Anders Swanson, and Chris Garcia at Soundwaves. Also playing on this one. Whoa. 7:30pm, free.
Some very cool stuff is in the works, including Soundwaves 2018-19 and a possible residency, stay tuned for details. I’m also continuing to write on music for the Culver City Catalyst, a fine new online publication.